Friday 17 February 2012

Family Photography

For this blog I want to let you know more about my family photography. Here are some examples from recent photography sessions, with what I hope are some answers to questions that you may have.


Firstly what I am offering is an alternative to high street photographers studio with its bright lights and white backgrounds. All of these pictures are taken using beautiful natural light. I hope that you agree that the backgrounds are far more interesting than anything that you'd find in a studio!


As you can see I quite often get people to do things. That way they're not as conscious of having their photograph taken or stressed about what they look like. A simple family walk together is a really good way to start.


By the way the picture above was taken on a cloudy and cold December day. The picture below was also taken using natural light.


This one was taken on the wettest day of the year in Glasgow (that's some record to beat!). This proves that you don't have to worry about the weather and how that will affect the session.


You don't even need a beautiful garden or park. The picture below is from an urban shoot, using a rusty piece of metal as the background!


It's quite often the parents who tell me that they're nervous about having their picture taken. Here is a beautifully unposed and natural picture, showing the bond between father and daughter.


In the same family Mum and son were happy to lie down on some leaves to create this beautiful picture.


This teenage girl didn't like the idea of a photographer coming to take her picture until I told her that I wanted to create an "album-cover" style shoot. She then really enjoyed it and feeling comfortable doing something that she loves doing. 


I often get asked to take pictures of babies. Parents can be understandably nervous, until they see me at work simply capturing natural playtime and ensuring that the baby gets lots of rest between pictures. 



Sometimes it's the unusual image that I'll add to the session that becomes the most talked about!



To book a session please get in touch I'll come to you and for about 90 minutes we'll have lots of fun. I'll work on the pictures and then provide you with a series of beautiful images that will really capture a point of time.


I work on all the pictures, processing them to a very high standard without losing their authentic look. I provide you with a slideshow to music of the best images and present them in a secure on-line gallery with a password for you to access, browse and share with family and friends.


Thanks for reading this and please do get in touch if you have any more questions. I look forward to taking pictures of you and your family sometime in 2012.

2 comments: