Thursday 10 October 2013

Renewing Vows on Loch Lomond


So one day I got a call from Florida asking me if I would take pictures of wedding vows being renewed on Loch Lomond. Well of course, but I had no idea what an emotional and enjoyable day it would be. The couple, Alan and Joan told me about how they had met in their teens and then had gone and lived separate lives on different sides of the Atlantic. Destiny and fate were to bring them back together at the start of the 2000's before marrying in Scotland.

Now living in Florida, where Joan is from, they decided to come back to Loch Lomond and in particular Tarbet, a spot that is very special to their family, to renew their wedding vows. They chartered a boat from Cruise Loch Lomond and invited Alan's Uncle Stan to conduct the ceremony.

When we arrived at Tarbet the wind was strong and the loch rough with waves crashing against the pier. Alan and Joan were piped on board by Donald a local piper and we set sail, being guided expertly to the calmest part of the loch and a spot that was beautiful and peaceful in the autumn sun. The renewing ceremony was beautiful and it was a pleasure to capture it for Alan & Joan.

I made the couple a slideshow of some of the images and I know that is receiving lots of views from their family and friends. I've also had some lovely feedback from Alan & Joan after they saw the pictures and was so pleased to be there to photograph it for them.

Special thanks to Cruise Loch Lomond. Please check out my website and Facebook page.
























2 comments:

  1. That was lovely, Paul.
    Happy story and great pictures and my lovely loch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Paul, how beautiful! You definitely captured the fun and emotion of our vow renewals. Thanks to you, Don the piper, and the folks at Cruise Loch Lomond for making even more memories for us! Alan & Joan

    ReplyDelete