Thursday 19 January 2012

Getting ready for your big day...

This blog is all about the wedding preparations that lead up to this moment...


I really enjoy all the planning that goes into weddings. For couples that book me I immediately take on a responsibility to capture the uniqueness of their day, with authentic images that they will cherish. I also want them to enjoy the photography - people can often start off by saying that they don't like having their photograph taken, so it's my role to relax them and help them to enjoy the experience.


I always show couples who are interested in me being their photographer at least half a dozen albums of recent weddings before they confirm me as I want them to be sure that they really like my style of photography.


I work with two main suppliers for wedding albums - Graphi, a world leader, with every album hand bound in Italy and Folio, stunning albums that are made in Britain in an environmentally sensitive way. Either way I design all of the albums and offer a variety of beautiful personalised cover options. 


As part of my wedding photography services I offer a pre-wedding or engagement session. This is great fun, I take the couple to a nearby park or place that means something to them. I take a series of images with them choosing one which I make into a large picture board with white mount for guests to sign on the day. This is a wonderful record of the day with the people who shared their celebrations. 


Before the wedding day I will visit all of the venues where the ceremony and celebrations will be held to do test shots and to meet with the organisers to ensure that everything is set. 


The next blog is all about a typical wedding, which of course there isn't. However, if you're planning a wedding I think that you might find it interesting.

If you want more information about my wedding services please send me an e-mail or call me on 01360 661029 or 07810 481426. You can see more of my work at my website and Facebook Pages. I photograph weddings across East, West and Central Scotland, including Glasgow, Stirling, Edinburgh, Ayrshire and Loch Lomond. 

1 comment:

  1. Family Portraits


    Great work done by Professional photographer.Really great post.Thank you..

    ReplyDelete